Best of Los Angeles and One Famous Statuette
Los Angeles is our favorite second home. Is it the weather, the food or the lifestyle? Most likely it's all three. As this is awards' season, LA is on everyone's mind, so here's a look at our earlier suggestions for a weekend in LA, plus four film-industry dinner spots that'll have you elbow-to-elbow with your fellow nominees:
8897 Beverly Blvd.
246 n. Canon Dr.
With only a few days to enjoy LA, here are our recommendations of what to do, where to eat, and attractions to see:
- Where to Stay: West Hollywood is a centrally located neighborhood with a lot of hotels, including The Standard, Petit Ermitage, and the Sunset Marquis.
- Have Drinks in the afternoon, poolside at the The Standard, it's very relaxed scene with a great city view.
- What to See: The Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena has an incredible Impressionist art collection and a lush inner-garden.
- Where to Eat Dinner: Pace in Laurel Canyon is a bustling roadside Italian restaurant, 5 minutes from Sunset Blvd.
- Breakfast: Try Sycamore Kitchen on La Brea, a favorite with its on-site bakery turning-out fresh confections.
- Things to Do: Go horseback-riding under the famous Hollywood Sign in Beachwood Canyon.
- See: Mulholland Drive, drive it from the Hollywood Freeway west to the mountain-top Getty Center in Brentwood.
- Lunch: Ivy at the Shore in Santa Monica is great with some of the best food. Try also Joe's Crab Shack on the Santa Monica Pier.
- Shopping: Back in West Hollywood, stroll along leafy Melrose Place to peruse the art books of Bookmarc, or find a unique creation from Isabel Marant, Marc Jacobs, Diesel, Bottega Veneta and Equipment.
- Dinner: There's always Animal on Fairfax for game-cuisine, and we also like sitting in the garden of AOC on Third Street.
- Late Night: Georgio's at Standard West Hollywood - think 70s disco and a fun crowd.
- Breakfast: Joan's on Third - a beautiful fresh goods market with table service - it's a classic for brunch.
- Lunch: Mauro's Cafe at Fred Segal on Melrose Avenue, then we'd do some shopping upstairs.
- Afternoon workout: Try Equinox or Crunch Gym, both are located on Sunset Blvd.
Dinner: Commissary is a new and popular rooftop restaurant at the new Line Hotel in very hot Koreatown.