Aspen Intinerary: Spring & Summer 2015
While Spring may be your last chance to get a run in down Ajax Mountain, Red Maps has some alternative activities for you to enjoy in this famous resort town's "Secret Season."
What to Do and See:
- April 7-12: Aspen Shortfest - A popular film festival with entries from around the world.
- May 16: Ride for the Pass - Cycle with no cars up to the Continental Divide at Independence Pass.
- June 19-21: Aspen Food & Wine Classic Test your pallet with this festival's variety of fresh foods and flavors.
- July 4th: Independence Day is special in Aspen with beautiful fireworks launched from Aspen (Ajax) Mountain.
- July 25-26: Aspen Arts Festival - See exhibits of art in all its forms, from contemporary to the crafts.
- August 19-20: Annual USA Pro Cycling Challenge - Pro-cyclists come for a two-day race that includes Copper Mtn. and Breckenridge.
Where to Eat and Drink:
- Victoria's espresso Perfect stop for lunch, but keep in-mind this Aussie cafe for a hearty breakfast before hitting the slopes or shops.
- Ride the Silver Queen Gondola to the top of Ajax for the cafe there, relax and enjoy the breath-taking views.
- Or try alfresco at Ajax Tavern, located next to the gondola and at the base of the mountain.
- Rustique is a welcoming small French bistro in town.
- Pyramid Bistro is charming restaurant that you enter thru the Explore Bookstore.
- A European-style cafe is The Wild Fig, and for sushi try Matsuhisa or Kenichi.
- For an adventurous meal outside of town try Pine Creek Cookhouse, located in spectacular Castle Creek Valley.
- The bar of the Jerome, is a perfect and elegant western setting.
- You can relax around the fireplace of the Little Nell's sunken intimate lobby lounge.
- Find a beautiful nook in the expansive and posh Ritz-Carlton.
- For some local flavor stop-by the famous western bar Woody Creek Tavern, located in nearby Woody Creek.
- Where to Shop:
- In the center of town you'll find a variety of designer shops, from Dior and Gucci to Ralph Lauren.
- You might also like to see the very cool and beautiful western-craftsmanship on display at Kemo Sabe. And be sure to checkout the luxurious mix of goods at the Gorsuch boutiques.
- And to find everything imaginable, there's the vast emporium of Carl's Pharmacy.